Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Murder


Synopsis: When Hannah learns that the Cinnamon Roll Six jazz band will be playing in Lake Eden, Minnesota, she bakes up a supply of their namesake confections to welcome them. But tragedy strikes when their tour bus overturns on its way into town. But minor injuries for the keyboard player turn deadly when someone plunges surgical scissors into his chest. (Taken from Goodreads.com).
Review: I think that I might have found another favorite author to read. Joanne Fluke has combined two things that I love: murder mysteries and baking! In fact, the way things are going, I may need to read the whole series star to finish!

Review: This book was well written and the characters are extremely developed. So much to the point, that I did not feel hindered by starting toward the end of the series instead of with the first book. The lead character Hannah is part private investigator and local cookie baker. What was really great about her, is that she isn't the typical beauty that most people would make their leading ladies out to be. She is a little awkward and has flaming, unruly red hair! Her family is also very close and the way they interact with one another is very believable. It brought back many memories of my own family gatherings and I love it when I am able to connect to book like that.

The other thing that I truly LOVE about this book is the fact that it includes many delicious recipes. There are two recipes that I can't wait to try: for cinnamon rolls and raspberry sandwich cookies. If you are an avid home baker such as myself, you will find these recipes easy to follow.

Overall, I thought that this was delightful. The killer is not quickly exposed and you are working toward finding out who it is along with Hannah. So, if you enjoy easy reading that invokes the urge to make homemade bake goods, then this book is for you. If finding recipes at the end of many of the chapters would seem like a distraction, then don't read the book. However, I think that you would be missing out on an extremely fun read.

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

I bought this book at a local bookstore; I was not asked to do a review of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment